vim & python

demian neidetcher demian0311 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 21:13:18 EST 2004

> Thanks for all of the answers to the second question, but what about
> vim scripting with python? I can not find *anything* about it (no
> docs, books or tutorials)

i'm not using the built-in integration that can be built into vim.  my
vim scripting with python is really just re-directing lines in a file
from vim thru a python script that reads from std in (your code from
vim) and writes to std out (the results replace your old lines).

here are some scripts i have, might give you an idea of what i'm
doing.
http://www.ophinity.com/papers/wrangling/index.html