A 'Python like' language

David MacQuigg dmq at gain.com
Sat Mar 27 10:56:57 EST 2004

On 26 Mar 2004 20:49:00 -0800, michele.simionato at poste.it (Michele
Simionato) wrote:

>David MacQuigg <dmq at gain.com> wrote in message news:<o59960pt4nirvqjea79so494rtevc6mt8e at 4ax.com>...
>> What I found most interesting about this language is that it *doesn't
>> use classes* !!  All objects are derived directly from other objects,
>> some of which are "prototypes", that is, objects which were designed
>> to be just templates to produce other objects.
>
>Yes, this seemed interesting to me too. But when arrived at the sentence
>"Prothon only allows tabs for indentation" I couldn't continue reading ;-)

I almost had the same reaction when I first read this, but I did
continue reading, and I'm glad.  I remember making the same mistake
when I first read about Python using whitespace to control structure.
"Oh no, not another FORTRAN.", and I didn't look again for 3 months.

This is a small problem with a simple solution (see my earlier post),
and one that will retain the advantages of tabs.

-- Dave