OFF-TOPIC:: Why Lisp is not my favorite programming language

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Fri Mar 12 04:56:16 EST 2004

    Peter> Josiah Carlson wrote:
    >> 3. Spend a month teaching her object orientation with C++.

    Peter> Perhaps Ruby for the OO stuff if you are familier with it. Less
    Peter> gotcha's than C++. All depends on the sort of person she is.

You missed Josiah's point (at least as I understood it) - the idea was
to show how painful programming can be, and then experience the
revelation of switching to Python. It's a standard practice in some
religious circles, where people are guided to wallow in remorse of
original sins and other unpleasant stuff, and then feel the relief of
divine forgiveness.

As a side note, Ruby has no OO advantages over Python. This has been
discussed in this newsgroup extensively.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb