What's missing from python?

Paul Rubin http
Tue Mar 23 18:17:45 EST 2004

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:
> 	I could see government restrictions on what was allowed for
> encryption... Too strong, and the implementation can't be "exported" out
> of the US... Which puts you into the situation of having to
> create/control a US-legal package vs an export-legal package.

That problem went away about 5 years ago.  There are no more separate
domestic and export versions of Netscape or MSIE, for example.  There
appears to be concern about countries which aren't allowed to IMPORT
cryptographic programs.  Of course, those countries also aren't
allowed to import most current web browsers, so downloading from
python.org may be a little problematic for them.