How do I create a dynamic wrapper for another language?

Whitney Battestilli whitney at battestilli.net
Thu May 20 23:56:12 EDT 2004

I'm trying to embed python into an application that already contains a
scripting language.  This scripting language contains thousands of
commands and I have the ability to query the script engine and get
syntax information regarding valid arguments and such.

Rather than writing explicate wrappers for each command (which will be
very time consuming), I would like to extend python by creating a module
that allows any function name to be executed with any number of keyword
arguments.  I would then like to take the function name and keyword
arguments and pass these to the apps script engine in the format
required.

Is there any way to do this or any way to do something like this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that may be offered.

--Whitney.