usage/future status of PyProtocols

Richard Taylor rjt-usenet at thegrindstone.me.uk
Fri May 7 11:41:00 EDT 2004

We are considering making use of the PyProtocols
(http://peak.telecommunity.com/PyProtocols.html) package. I have read
through the documentation and it appears to offer much of what we want.

I have already used both Zope's and Twisted's interface implementations to a
greater or less extent in existing projects and I have been a bit
disappointed that no 'standard' approach to interfaces has appeared in the
Python libraries.

Before jumping into PyProtocols I was wondering:

Are other people using it in real projects? What are their experiences
regarding payback for effort expended?

Does anyone know if there are plans to include a 'standard' approach to
interfaces/protocols in the Python library? If so, is it likely that it
will be PyProtocols?

I just don't want to spend a lot of time, and persuade my team members to
use a package that is then superseded by a different approach in a future
standard library package.

Regards

Richard