Creating self-contained apps

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue May 18 15:22:00 EDT 2004

	Is it possible to create a version of Python, along with several
specific modules, and somehow package it together to be distributed as
a single unit? I remember that Zope did something similar in the past,
but can't recall how that was accomplished. I looked into bdist in
DistUtils, but couldn't find enough info on it to determine if it would
do what I want.

	I have an app that requires a specific version of Python, along with
specific versions of various modules. What I need is a single file that
I can distribute that will run my packaged version of python, assuring
that the user, no matter what Linux distro they are using, will be able
to run it? And while I'm at it, is this also possible in Windows?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /