Path ... where is my application's home dir?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Sat May 1 23:28:20 EDT 2004

JanC wrote:
> I guess Win9x users are more like 15-30% of the Windows-using population...

Here is some stats from my web server where I host a FAQ for a US based
cellphone.  Obviously mileage may vary by country (and cell phone
ownership :-)

XP    59.3%
2000  19.3%
NT     1.2%
Me     2.6%
CE     0.0%  (45 hits total!)
98     6.7%
95     0.2%
2003   0.2%

The numbers don't add up to 100, as there are hits from Mac (total 3.8%)
Linux (1.2%) and Unknown (4.8%) plus a random smattering of others
(eg WebTV and OS/2)

You can compare with Google where you can see their worldwide figures
for March:  http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html
They have 22% for Windows 98, which seems to take proportionally
from the figures in my stats.

Of course we don't know what percentage of people configure their
browsers to lie.

Roger