Solving the Einstein's Riddle in Python

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon May 24 12:02:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:12:38 +0300, rumours say that Juha Haataja
<juha.haataja at csc.no-spam.fi> might have written:

>I have been learning Python since April, and would like a
>few comments from the experts on list processing.
>
>I managed to implement a Python code for solving the
>so-called  Einstein's Riddle, see e.g.:
>
>  http://www.manbottle.com/trivia/Einstein_s_Riddle.htm

Perhaps you would like to take a look at my take on that at
http://www.sil-tec.gr/~tzot/python/ (check for the logic_puzzle.py).  It
seems that it's slower than your version, but it's generic (ie you can
describe similar combinatorial puzzles with an easy custom language).  I
have a couple of links in that page for the text files...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix