terminological obscurity

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Fri May 28 19:40:58 EDT 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:12:03 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis"
<martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

>Arthur wrote:
>> Is the random set of, say, 10 human beings homogeonous or
>> hetereogenous?
>
>If they are random, than yes, they are homogenous as they are
>all human, and no, the are heterogenous, because they are
>random, i.e. they share no features.

But then nothing can be determined about the hetergenousity or the
homogenousity of any particular context for this data  by reference to
the data itself.

Though the reverse is not true.

In the conversation I am having this is a significant point.

But I suspect we are not having the same conversation.

Art