Stackless python and microthreads

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dialton3#NOSPAM#.despammed at virgilio.it
Sat May 15 18:29:41 EDT 2004

michele.simionato at poste.it (Michele Simionato) writes:

> This is a most interesting reference, thanks! Incidentally, I am in the process
> of learning Zope TAL/TALES/METAL, which I do not like that much; I would
> rather prefer to generate HTML pages with Lisp macros and use real
> s-expressions instead of XML/HTML, but I can't :-(
> Lisp/Scheme is much more suitable for web applications (in principle)
> than any other language I know, it is unfortunate that (in practice) it
> is not that used ...

Hi Michele :).

If all you need is s-expr you maybe can look at Nevow (pronounced
'nuevo'), which is the new web toolkit built on top of twisted.web.

It has a template syntax that is similar to ZPT.

And it has stan which is an s-expr-like syntax.

Here is a little helloworld example:

    docFactory = rend.stan(
        T.html[
            T.head[
                T.title['Hello'],
                ],
            T.body[
                T.p['Welcome to the wonderful world of Nevow!'],
                ],
            ]
        )

More infos at www.nevow.com or in the nevow wiki: