Server/OS/Dev environment

Pm Miklos at nowhere.hu
Sat May 22 04:20:44 EDT 2004

Jean wrote:

> Hi.  I am new to Python, but very eager to learn.  I've browsed many
> postings and found conflicting opinions on the best backend and
> development setup.  In fact, I am more confused now that when I first
> began investigating this problem.
>
> I need to create web pages with MySQL as the primary data source.
> What would be the best server set up for this?  RH?  Windows?
> mod_python?  Spyce?  Some other templating mechanism?
>
> To develop such a site, should I be using Vim?  Idle?  Or Windows gui
> software?  Install MySQL & Python on Windows?  Stick with Linux?
>
> A multitude of choices is great for the gurus, but not necessarily so
> for a newbie...
>
> Thanks for any comments,
> Jean

Varietas delectat, Jean. ;)
I suggest you spend a little time on exploring these and then
you'll find out what you like best. (It's just like about girls: it'd be
awful if every guy would prefer the same looks...)

To add to you confusion, maybe have a look at Zope as well (www.zope.org)
:-))
  Or how about Webware? (http://webware.sourceforge.net/) Or Albatross?
(http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/)

Best,
Pm
--
E-mail: base64.decodestring('cHJpc3pAYXN5bHVtdGVsLmNvbQ==\n')