IDE for Python

Washu me at privacy.net
Sat May 1 06:10:01 EDT 2004

Nuff Said wrote:

> Why an IDE? Python is - IMO - (one of) THE languages, where
> a good editor (tabs2spaces, comment blocks, select encoding,
> syntax highlighting, auto-indentation, scriptable ...) is all
> you really need.

I personally like the debugging capabilities of a good IDE, specifically the
ability to watch a variable as you step through it.  I know you can perform
the same thing through debugging statements but it's not as slick.

The IDE of my choice for debugging purpose is Komodo from Activestate.  For
writing the scripts, I tend to like Glimmer, although most modern editors
have some type of scripting language hightlighting scheme.