Newbie Question

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Tue May 25 10:17:55 EDT 2004

t="userid at MACAddress"
userid=t.split("@")[0]+"@honigman.com"

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

  "Puchalski, Mark" <Mark.Puchalski at Honigman.com> wrote in message news:mailman.264.1085490427.6949.python-list at python.org...
  I have a script that I need to do the following:

  Taking a user id that is in the format 'userid at MACAddress', read the userid portion (varying length) and concatenate with @honigman.com.  I'm not sure how to make this happen.

  Suggestions?

  Thanks.

  Mark A. Puchalski
  Network Engineer
  Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP

  Tel  313.465.7167
  Fax 313.465.8267

  Confidential: This electronic message and all contents
  contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
  Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
  confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
  The information is intended to be for the addressee
  only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
  distribution or use of the contents of this message is
  prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
  in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
  and destroy the original message and all copies.