RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri May 14 19:50:17 EDT 2004

"Laughlin, Joseph V" wrote:

> Personally, six months from now, I would have no clue as to all the
> different locations a particular program installed files to.

What's wrong with

	find $PREFIX -name '*python*'

?

> It would
> be worse if the program had modified various configuration files, etc.

This is pretty rare for Unix utilites, and is not the case for Python at
any rate.

> And if you had other programs that depended on the program you were
> uninstalling, that would also lead to breakage.

If you're uninstalling Python, I would hope you'd remember that this
means that Python programs wouldn't work afterwards.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis