What's active and worthwhile in the Python 3D world?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon May 17 04:16:03 EDT 2004

Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> One of my current "fun" goals is to start playing with 3D
> related things, purely because I find it of interest. Since
> I also use and love Python in more serious endeavours, it
> would seem to make sense to try to find 3D related things
> that involve Python.
>
> In fact, there seem to be quite a few--so many that I'm
> not really sure what is active and growing, and what is
> dying off. So I was wondering if there are Pythonistas
> out there with similar interests, and if so, what you
> might recommend looking at?

Sounds like you might want to start playing around with a fairly
straightforward Python engine.  If you're interested in starting out
with something dirt simple, there's ZOE:

	http://www.alcyone.com/software/zoe/

ZOE is so simple that it almost doesn't deserve special mention was a
Python OpenGL engine per se, but that can be helpful if what you just
want to do is explore.

If you're looking for something a little more fleshed out, then VPython
is probably up your alley.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis