Solving the Einstein's Riddle in Python

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue May 25 15:34:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:05:53 +0300, rumours say that Juha Haataja
<juha.haataja at csc.no-spam.fi> might have written:

>Your solution is really nice,
>a general way of coding the problem in Python.

Thanks for the kind words; I just pointed my solution out of a tendency
to produce as generic code as I can (that is why my code is also so much
slower than yours...).  I saw your code, and I believe you have already
a good grasp of 'pythonness'; I also enjoyed your algorithm's gradual
elimination of combinations --its speed too.  My code was also mostly
written in my python learning period too (an improvement over my older
awk version :).

If you ever make something more general (I mean, solving different
puzzles without code changes) than your solution and faster than mine,
I'd be glad to know :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"I have a cunning plan, m'lord" --Sean Bean as Odysseus/Ulysses