generalizing the CGI case was: Re: mod_python confusion

Troy Melhase troy at gci.net
Sun May 30 02:11:56 EDT 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 03:56 pm, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Since the integration isn't going to happen anytime soon, I am content
> to run a persistent process (like fast CGI) with some glue logic handing
> data over.  The question is, is there a general framework for this.  XML
> RPC is a possibility but my experience has shown in to be a somewhat
> sluggish protocol using the stock XML RPC server in Python.

Have you tried the Fast Python XML RPC library?

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/py-xmlrpc/

Also, you may want to host it on a server other than one from the standard
library, such as Medusa, Twisted, or Zope.

Troy Melhase, troy at gci.net
--
These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except
his own. - G. K. Chesterton