beginner's question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon May 17 17:24:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:51:55 GMT, Daniel 'Dang' Griffith
<noemail at noemail4u.com> wrote:

> >what's wrong with helping to new beginners?
> >Don't be snob!
>
> He's not being a snob.  Please understand than on the internet, many
> students will try to get the public to answer their homework for them,
> without doing the work on their own.

And FWIW the same policies are applied on the Python tutor
mailing list which is specifically for beginners, but we still
expect to see some evidence of effort from the poster.

OTOH If you are a beginner you may find the tutor list worth
subscribing to, just post the right kind of questions and you'll
get lots of help.

Alan G.
Author of the Learn to Program website