News Posting Script with Emailing Ability

Jonathan M. Rose jonrose at farious.com
Thu May 20 00:36:45 EDT 2004

I am looking for a script that I can sit on an HTML server (Linux,
Apache, PHP/Perl/Python/Etc.) that will allow me to do the following things:

1) Post news articles that consists of (i) a title and (ii) a body.
2) Show the last X posts (or, better yet, just the last X titles) on a
home page.
3) Show all posts on a "news" page.
4) When a news article is posted, email the news article (with the title
being the email subject and the news body being the email body) to a
single address (which will be a Mailman email list address).
5) Preferably not require the use of a db server.
6) Preferably allow changing or deleting news posts if errors were made
in the wording or otherwise.
7) I do not need nor want the ability for users to "reply" to the news
articles.

Does anyone know of anything like this?  If not, how about simple news
posting tools that I could remake to include the emailing functionality?

A tool similar to what I want is located at
http://newswriter2005.sourceforge.net/.  This one, however, doesn't
allow email of news articles.

Also - what is the proper newsgroup for asking about server-side html
scripts?  alt.html.server-side would be perfect, but it seems to be dead
(at least on the news server I use).

Thank you for your time in advance.

-Jon
--