cannot fin sum() in python 2.3

Peter Maas peter.maas at mplusr.de
Mon May 24 15:15:41 EDT 2004

mir nazim wrote:

> i cannot find sum() built in fuction in 2.3 version.

What is the output of dir(__builtins__)?

> please tell me where can i find Python Imaging Library libxml2
 > for python2.3 all the rpms/sources work for python 2.2

I'm quite sure that lbxml2 is an XML library, not an imaging
library.

Assuming that you work on a UNIX type OS:

- Where was the python2.3 executable installed?

- Did you verify that python is really linked to
   python2.3 and not to python2.2? AFAIK the sum()
   builtin function was introduced with python2.3.

- Is libxml2 only in the python2.2 directory or
   also in the python2.3 directory?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de