GTK or TKinter (or what else?)

Troy Melhase troy at gci.net
Thu May 20 06:16:16 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 11:57 pm, Marco Terzuoli wrote:
> I use python under linux and would like to create some GUI applications.

Consider PyQt and/or PyKDE.  You can get both from Riverbank:

	http://riverbankcomputing.co.uk/

The reasons I like using these two, in no particular order:

	Quality:  Qt and KDE are both very well designed
	Docs:  Everything is documented
	Polish:  Most things are consistent
	Tools:  The GUI designer is awesome
	Platforms:  Reasonable portability to Mac and Windows
	Quantity:  More widgets than you can shake a stick at

Troy Melhase, troy at gci.net
--
It is terrible to contemplete how few politicians are hanged. - G. K.
Chesterton