EvNim uses neuroevolution to evolve an ANN that plays the game of Nim

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed May 26 11:37:42 EDT 2004

"Michael Livsey" <dotsero at qwest.net> wrote in message
news:gGVsc.99$rb.92248 at news.uswest.net...
> The people at ANNEvolve have been working hard again and have released
> EvNim 1.08. ... Evnim is written in standard C

Does this have anything to do with Python; if not (and I cannot see any
connection from what you posted), this is off-topic.

Are you going to read replies posted on comp.lang.python?  If not, this, to
me, is spam.

If each of the open-source projects at SourceForge and elsewhere, however
nice, posted one announcement here every three years, this newsgroup would
be clogged with about 100 such every day.  The leaders of each project
think their project is important, but almost all know that other people
have other priorities.  That is why SourceForge has a search facility.

> Comments and questions about EvNim may be posted on the ANNEvolve
> mailing list by sending email to annevolve-devel at lists.sourceforge.net.

So you acknowledge that discussion belongs there and not here.

I have doubts about the validity and value of the claims you posted.  Are
you inviting me to share them on that list?  If I did, would you and the
other participants consider them and respond politely?

Python 2.3.4 will be released within a week.  Should someone post an
announcement to your list?  If your project does not currently use Python,
how about a post explaining its benefits for your project?

Terry J. Reedy