Jython direction please

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Mon May 24 09:16:10 EDT 2004

Ike writes:
> Can someone please point me to a good link for learning Jython. I have
> everything installed...I just cant even find how to simply open, list out,
> and save a source file.

You can use any editor for that. My preference is the IDLE editor that
comes packaged with cPython. Also I sometimes use jEdit (a free programmer's
editor) because it has a plugin for running Jython scripts.

Except for the bits dealing with Java integration, most of the manuals,
tutorials, and discussion groups for Python apply to Jython as well.
And there's a Jython newsgroup (but I haven't followed it for a while).

-- Michael Chermside