newbie: sample code for wxpython/twisted

mir nazim mir4uu at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 13:04:53 EDT 2004

hi, hello,

	i am new to python but not new to programming. 	i am a php
developer(with some c/c++ under by belt). to let u know the level of
programming experience i have (so that u can help me better, no
arrogance intended), i have developed a web based adaptive testing
system, a sale/stock/inventory/ management system and am currently
working on a web based school management system, all in php.

	now i and my team  want to shift to python.  i will first shift to
python the my team members.

	i have been doing python(language only) for quite a good time. by now
i feel little confident with python and i want to try my hands on some
larger/real life things.  i want to learn wxPython and twisted.

	but my problem is that i am unable to locate some project that uses
wxPython or twisted. i would like to know about some open source
projects which address the needs businesses wxPython/twisted. for
example an small accounting package,point of sale system, a hotel
management system, a groupware system etc.

	it is not necessary that wxPython and twisted must used in the same
project. can be two different projects. my point is that i want to
learn both. i am look for some good quality code to get started. i
have seen the wxPython demos but am not satisfied.

	if any one of u can point me to the projects that use wxPython or
twisted or both. best if it not a too big project that a beginner like
me will get overwhelmed.

	Thanks in advance for any help.