Prothon vs. Python integers

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon May 24 17:37:47 EDT 2004

On 24 May 2004 15:05:55 -0400, rumours say that Heather Coppersmith
<me at privacy.net> might have written:

>(lira and drachma spring
>to mind, too)

Lira?  Drachma?  Too late for that...  There are lots of children in
both countries that had their lunch money always in euros.

PS A funny incident from the transition period to the euro: in a small
shop, an elderly lady is before me in front of the counter.

Lady: "How much is it?"
Clerk: "4.2 euros"
Lady: "No, I mean in *money*, how much is it?"

The translation might not be as strong as the original, but I loved it
so much, that since then, whenever I did conversions out loud, it was
"euros" to "money", never "drachmae" :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"I have a cunning plan, m'lord" --Sean Bean as Odysseus/Ulysses