why learn

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu May 27 02:55:24 EDT 2004

[mr_vocab]
>> hey i finished working through alot of python stuff and no a fair bit
>> bout it
>>
>> now what can i do with it???

[Tim]
> Follow your bliss:  in your case, it looks like you'd really enjoy writing
> a program to post the same question 100 times.  It's a lot easier to write
> a program for that than to stay up all night doing it by hand <wink>.

Oops!  My apologies!  That wasn't you.  A particularly nasty piece of spam
wedged my ISP, and your message was immediately before it:  every time I
downloaded mail, I got your message again, and then the connection died
while trying to transfer the ill-formed spam.

Anyway, following your bliss remains sincere if cryptic advice.  What are
you interested in?  What do you love?  If you're not using Python for your
job (and sometimes even if you are ...), those are the questions to answer
first.  Python will then fit in or won't.  You can use Python for anything a
computer has ever been used for, and for a boundless number of things nobody
has thought of yet.  What do you care about?