thread safe datastructures other than Queue?

Bram Stolk bram at nospam.sara.nl
Wed May 19 05:23:11 EDT 2004

Hello,

Python features the Queue.Queue object that provides thread-safe access.
What if I want thread access to other types of datastructures?

Would I need to pair e.g. each list, Set or hashmap with its own
threading.Semaphore() object?

Or is there an easier way to have thread-safe access to datastructures?

Thanks,

  Bram Stolk

 Bram Stolk, VR Engineer.
 SARA Academic Computing Services Amsterdam, PO Box 94613, 1090 GP  AMSTERDAM
 email: bram at nospam.sara.nl   Phone +31-20-5923059  Fax +31-20-6683167

"Software is math. Math is not patentable."
OR
"Software is literature. Literature is not patentable." -- slashdot comment