Where do I find what colors and fonts are available?

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Sun May 16 11:26:53 EDT 2004

Cousin Stanley wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:56:44 GMT, SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut wrote:
>
> > I'm learning Tkinter, from Grayson's book and some online sources.
> >
> > I don't know how to find out which color names and font names are
> > available on my system.  I'm using Windows 2000.  I assume that info is
> > in some file or files somewhere, buy I don't know the file name or
> > directory.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mitchell Timin
>
> Mitchell ....
>
>   For a list of fonts in Tkinter,
>   you might try ....
>
> import Tkinter
> import tkFont
>
> root = Tkinter.Tk()
>
> list_fonts = list( tkFont.families() )
>
> list_fonts.sort()
>
> for this_family in list_fonts :
>
>     print this_family
>
> For a list of colors in Tkinter
> check the list at ....
>
>     http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/colors.htm
>
> --
> Cousin Stanley
> Human Being
> Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks, Couz, that's very good info.

"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca