Calling Jython code from Java

Derek Thomson derek at hiredgoons.org
Tue May 18 08:53:52 EDT 2004

Raja wrote:
> I have a java class thats trying to call something in python. This
> works fine when i do a jythonc on the python script.

[snip]

> class testconfig(java.lang.Object):
>
>     def __init__(self):
>         """@sig public testconfig()"""
>         self._cfg = configuration.configuration("/sources/jmxproto")

[snip]

> class configuration:
>
>     def __init__(self, runtimeDir=None):
>         """@sig public configuration(java.lang.String dir)"""
>         """ Some code in here """
>
> When i call testconfig.py, i get the error mentioned above. Any clues?

In Python, you just use the class name to create instances.

So I think that perhaps:

self._cfg = configuration.configuration("/sources/jmxproto")

Should be:

self._cfg = configuration("/sources/jmxproto")

IIRC the "@sig" declaration only comes into play when attempting to use
the class from *Java* code. That's why there is no "configuration"
attribute.

Regards,
Derek.