mod python confusion

Kylotan kylotan at hotmail.com
Sat May 29 06:50:43 EDT 2004

"Robert Brewer" <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote in message
news:<mailman.410.1085775210.6949.python-list at python.org>...

> Given that webserver advocacy comes and goes, I always recommend
> abstracting the webserver interface, so rewrites like the one you're
> talking about hurt less:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/225299

Hi Robert. You've recommended this recipe to me in the past when I asked
a similar question on this newsgroup. However, I must admit that I
really don't understand 90% of it, since there are so many layers of
abstraction and it spans several classes - and indeed, 2 recipes!
Surely there has to be something simpler? I read somewhere today that
mod_python made Python as simple to use for web apps as PHP etc, but if
this is any indication of the amount of code you need to simply redirect
execution to separate places based on the URI, then I'd have to disagree
with that!

--
Ben Sizer