RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Fri May 14 15:22:01 EDT 2004

Chris wrote:
> >WINDOWS
> >... Windows users may also be
> >interested in Mark Hammond's win32all, a collection of
> >Windows-specific extensions including COM support and Pythonwin, an
> >IDE built using Windows components.
> >

> PS... I have moral and ethical arguments against this.

Really? What are they?

> I believe it's just plain WRONG to use a language like
> Python or Java or even C#/.NET and RELY on platform specific "extensions".

Because _____?

That seems silly to me, but to each his own, I guess.

Hands down, some of the most amazing uses of Python I've seen are in
conjunction with platform-specific extensions on both Linux and Windows. But
I'm not all that interested in swaying your opinion, because that's often where
the most money is as well, so it's good to know I won't lose any business to
you. ;-)

-Dave