General Ledger/Accounting Libraries

Nicolas Chauvat nico at logilab.fr
Mon May 17 07:57:09 EDT 2004

> Our company is currently evaluating Python as a language for writing
> financial/accounting type software (among others).
>
> What libraries or packages are available in this domain for use?

PyCompta works for our (small) company :

An accounting tool that reads entries written in a set of XML files and
computes all reports including income statements and balance sheet.

An accounting tool that reads "double entries" written in a set of XML
files and computes the journal, general ledger, work sheet, income
statements and balance sheet. Accounting records are outputed as XML
files that can be rendered to HTML, XSL:FO and PDF.

http://www.logilab.org/projects/pycompta/

--
Nicolas Chauvat

logilab.fr - services en informatique avancée et gestion de connaissances