Scaling on multi-processor machine

Atul Kshirsagar atul.kshirsagar at firstlogic.com
Fri May 21 11:33:17 EDT 2004

Hello,
GIL prevents my C++ application embedding and extending python to scale even
though I spawn multiple C++ threads. I read lot of references on internet
about using multiple processes rather than threads.

In that direction I was searching for some examples/resources/tools which
can help me create multi-process implementation. My application does need to
pass userdefined class objects to python interpreter. So I guess my
implementation is going to need a protocol to marshal, de-marshal python
objects between processes or use shared memory.

Does anyone here know of any examples/tools to implement the multi-processes
approach with the object/data transfer between the processes ?