What's active and worthwhile in the Python 3D world?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Mon May 17 01:05:15 EDT 2004

The Disney/CMU project Panda3D would likely be fun and is quite active
(it's very new).  Blender is active and more along the modeller lines.
Pivy is keeping up with the joneses quite nicely AFAIK.  All three are
very high-level AFAIK, and thus likely suitable for a beginner.  For a
far more limited framework, VPython is a very-beginner-friendly starting
point and is fairly active.

HTH,
Mike

Kenneth McDonald wrote:

>In fact, there seem to be quite a few--so many that I'm
>not really sure what is active and growing, and what is
>dying off. So I was wondering if there are Pythonistas
>out there with similar interests, and if so, what you
>might recommend looking at?

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/