Unknown Tkinter bug

klappnase klappnase at web.de
Thu May 20 17:30:37 EDT 2004

Krzysztof Szynter <dygimailNo at SPAMpoczta.fm> wrote in message news:<Xns94EF7C0858BFAdygimailpocztafm at 127.0.0.1>...

<snip>

> After i close graphcial window, shell gives this error message:
>
> ---BEGIN
> Exception in Tkinter callback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python232\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py",
>   line 1345, in __call__
> return self.func(*args)
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python232\lib\idlelib\ScriptBinding.py",
>   line 157, in run_module_event
> interp.runcode(code)
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python232\lib\idlelib\PyShell.py",
>   line 658, in runcode
> self.interp.restart_subprocess()
> AttributeError: ModifiedInterpreter instance has no attribute 'interp'
> ---END
>
> Where should i look for a mistake?

Here's what I get when I run your example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/test.py", line 19, in ?
    while x<450 or y<450 :
NameError: name 'x' is not defined

you actually use a couple of other variables that are not defined,
too,
so I think this is maybe not the complete code ?
Maybe you should have a look at the rest of the code if you have
problems.

BTW, the traceback you posted seems to look like an IDLE problem
rather than a Tkinter bug I think (at least PyShell.py is the main
file that runs IDLE's
Shell window).

Regards

Michael