Newbie: Create Executable from single script file

Piet pit.grinja at gmx.de
Sat May 1 05:57:23 EDT 2004

Hello,
I wrote a python script with a GUI made from wxPython which handles
XML files via pyXml. I would like to use that app on a computer which
does not have a python installation (and will probably not get one
easily).
I went (or better ran) through the documentation of the distutils and
had a brief look at the py2exe page on sourceforge, but I couldn´t
find a detailed description for my particular problem.
I don´t want to make a well-documented module for distribution and
general use by others, I also do not need anything that makes the
installation of my program easy, I do not need any extra files apart
from my script (and of course the modules that are imported), I just
want to have my single script file run on a machine without python. Is
there a simple and fast solution for that? Unfortunatly, I do not have
the VC++ compiler, only the nmake-utility (which I have never used
before and of which I do not even know the exact purpose).
Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Piet