RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 13 14:20:46 EDT 2004

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> P.S. I don't really see why you mentioned python-dev, are you saying
> that bugs and patches have more chance of being included in a new
> Python version if the submitter is subscribed to python-dev and also
> announces the bugs/patches there?

Patches have a larger chance to get included if they are reviewed.
For the last few years, we have been short of reviewers, so patches
have little chance to get included, period. People submitting patches
might consider helping the process beyond submitting patches, e.g.
by reviewing patches of other people. E.g. review 10 or so patches,
put your comments into them, and then suggest approval or rejection
on python-dev. Then, somebody (perhaps yours truly) might check
bulk-close patches if he agrees with the review. If any submitter
of a patch would review 10 other patches, there would be no backlog.

Regards,
Martin