SimpleXMLRPCServer performance issue in MSWin

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Mon May 31 14:43:26 EDT 2004

danu kusmana wrote:
> When I ran the server script on Windows platform is
> running very slow. The log printed automatically by
> the SimpleXMLRPCServer class; I assumed, is processing
> every 5 second each process if 1 client connected. If
> 1 more client accessed the time is decreasing half of
> the first. But compared when the server script running
> on Linux is much to slow.

Can't you post some code with timings so we can see what data types you
are using and what the performance difference is?

> Maybe I also forgot mention before that if the script
> running on Windows its only processing 1 thread/Main
> thread are being processed, even when 2 or more
> clients are connected.

SimpleXMLRPCServer is single threaded. If you want to create a
multi-threaded version then create a subclass like this:

class ThreadedServer(SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn, SimpleXMLRPCServer):
     pass

> Is it the class it self or something else I should
> have know?

You really aren't providing very much information here, so it's hard to
saw. Trying doing this in Python on your Linux machine and on Windows:

import sgmlop

What did that do on each?

Cheers,
Brian