Python sets.

Grzegorz Dostatni grzegorz at ee.ualberta.ca
Tue May 4 13:44:36 EDT 2004

I've got a problem.

Some time ago (I'm a bit fuzzy about the date) I read about sets in
python. I even tried the code. I remember it was something fairly simple -
just a base data type (like list or dictionary).  I vaguely remember it
had a syntax similar to creating dictionaries.

Problem is I can't find it anymore. I've searched around, but it doesn't
seem to exist. I know of "import sets" and creating classes like that, but
I'm sure it was a base data type. No import necessary.  There were
operators for basic set operations like set difference, division, etc.

Please tell me I'm not loosing my mind. Please tell me that these kind of
things did/still exist?

Greg

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we
didn't.
          -- Erica Jong (How to Save Your Own Life, 1977)