Embedding Python at the OS level - build problems [success]

"?=Dmitry Borisov=?koi8-r?Q?" jbors at mail.ru
Wed May 26 15:01:35 EDT 2004

> Success! They said it can't be done. "Python is too big", they said.
> "Too high level for an OS". And yet, it's done :) Here's a list of what

It sounds just great !!. I was thinking about the same for a long time now.
My idea was to have a full featured framework as jvm or .net vm that runs Python bytecode( .pyo files ). With most of the drivers written in Python.
This way it can be placed into HW layer( Python processor ).

The framework I'm building now( pymedia ) is meant to run under such an environment. It would be great if you can make generic x86 build for those who wants to try.

Thanks.