[PYGTK] Insert Backspace into text widget?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon May 17 08:27:22 EDT 2004

Dennis Craven wrote:

> Does anyone know how one could insert a backspace into a widget such as a
> TextView/Buffer in Pygtk? Whenever I try something like insert(iter, '\b')
> I get jibberish inserted into the buffer.

What exactly do you expect to see when you insert a backspace
into the buffer?  (Backspace is a control character, so it
is not normally "inserted into a buffer" unless you are
actually trying to display it in some way.  Are you expecting
it to move the insertion point backwards one position, or what?)

-Peter