Socket sample?

Daniel Orner cs993442 at cs.yorku.ca
Thu May 20 12:23:52 EDT 2004

	Hmm... I'm looked at the SocketServer, but I'm pretty confused about
how to use it. As far as I can tell it doesn't actually do any
forking/threading/selecting at all. There's a lot of generic stuff which
seems to allow that behavior for subclasses, but I can't see any
specific code that does that kind of thing. Or maybe I'm just missing
something stupendously obvious. If so, would you be so kind as to give
me a quick example of how it would be used?
	I also took a quick look at twisted... it looks like it's way too
complex for what I have in mind. -_- Basically, I just want a socket to
transfer information to/from a client program, essentially to
synchronize data between the server and the client. The program is run
automatically (no user input). However, I do want it to be fast, which
means no waiting for a connection. That's why I just want to see some
sample code about how to use a server socket.
	Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Daniel