ORBit-Python problem :(

Akhilesh S. Shirbhate akhilesh at it.iitb.ac.in
Sat May 15 16:08:17 EDT 2004

I wrote a small CORBA program and am using ORBit-python.
The IDL file was as below:
---------------------------
module MESSAGING
{
        typedef sequence<string> msgLines;
        struct msg
        {
                string fr;
                string to;
                msgLines body;
        };
        interface mail
        {
                void submit (in msg message);
        };
};
---------------------------------

The server program is as below:
---------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/python
import CORBA
class mail:
        msg = 0
        def submit(self, msg):
                print "Message Recieved from:", msg.fr
                print "Message for:", msg.to
                for line in msg.body:
                        print line
                self.msgs = self.msgs + 1;
                print "Message Served: ", self.msgs

CORBA.load_idl("msg.idl")
CORBA.load_idl("/usr/share/idl/name-service.idl")

orb = CORBA.ORB_init((), CORBA.ORB_ID)
poa = orb.resolve_initial_references("RootPOA")

servant = POA.MESSAGING.mail(mail())
poa.activate_object(servant)
ref = poa.servant_to_reference(servant)
open("./msg-server.ior","w").write(orb.object_to_string(ref))
print "Wrote IOR to file", orb.object_to_string(ref)
poa.the_POAManager.activate()
orb.run()
---------------------------------

After running the program, it gives the following errors:
---------------------------------
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./msg-server.py", line 14, in ?
    CORBA.load_idl("msg.idl")
AttributeError: load_idl
---------------------------------

If I change the CORBA.load_idl to CORBA._load_idl then the error comes
at some other place... Namely below:

---------------------------------
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./msg-server.py", line 20, in ?
    servant = POA.MESSAGING.mail(mail())
NameError: POA

The CORBA module is dynamically loaded from the following file:
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/CORBAmodule.so

I have installed orbit-python-0.3.0-1 on my machine.

Please help me out.. I need help desperately to run the server :((
Thanx in advance :)