PEP 328 update

Carl Banks imbosol at aerojockey.com
Mon May 3 12:31:21 EDT 2004

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.191.1083525640.25742.python-list at python.org>...
> PEP 328 (``import`` changes) has been updated and is available at
> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0328.html
>
> Comments on the revised version are welcome.  One area where feedback is
> particularly desired is on the frequency of relative imports inside
> packages in current code, both in absolute terms and as a percentage of
> all imports.

I have one app with an ornate package system that uses relative
imports all over the place (it's pretty much 100% of package imports
for that package).  Also, in most of my typical freestanding unitary
packages without subpackages, modules typically import sister modules
relatively.  So, for me, relative imports are very common.

In light of this, I'll probably change them all to absolute imports.

--
CARL BANKS