RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Thu May 13 13:39:56 EDT 2004

Aahz wrote:

>>SimpleHTTPServer reports a wrong content-length of text files on
>>windows The bug is still there in this release. Any change of getting
>>my patch applied?
>

> Not at this point, sorry.  It's generally assumed that people who care
> about the progress of release schedules are subscribed to python-dev;
> perhaps that assumption should be challenged.

That's unfortunate, I reported it even before 2.3.3 was released.
Doesn't anybody use SimpleHTTPServer then?

Well, more luck next time, I guess.

--Irmen

P.S. I don't really see why you mentioned python-dev, are you saying
that bugs and patches have more chance of being included in a new
Python version if the submitter is subscribed to python-dev and also
announces the bugs/patches there?