Prothon vs. Python integers

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sat May 29 16:51:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:59:20 -0700, Mark Hahn wrote:

> I've agreed to adding longs.  I'm thinking of only having longs.

It's more efficient if ints which fit in a machine word (or a machine word
minus one or two bits used for tagging them as ints) are represented as
such, rather than using a generic big int representation.

It doesn't mean they should be treated differently in the language.
It can be a hidden implementation detail, visible only for those who write
extensions in C.

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak at knm.org.pl