Stackless python and microthreads

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at poste.it
Sat May 15 11:12:24 EDT 2004

Michael Walter <cm at leetspeak.org> wrote in message news:<2gk2mtF3mcnaU1 at uni-berlin.de>...
> What I meant was using continuations for "linear" code flow, such as
> mentioned in
> http://www.ai.mit.edu/~gregs/ll1-discuss-archive-html/msg02456.html,
> described in http://www.double.co.nz/scheme/modal-web-server.html and
> applied in Seaside, Borges, PLT Web Server etc.

This is a most interesting reference, thanks! Incidentally, I am in the process
of learning Zope TAL/TALES/METAL, which I do not like that much; I would
rather prefer to generate HTML pages with Lisp macros and use real
s-expressions instead of XML/HTML, but I can't :-(
Lisp/Scheme is much more suitable for web applications (in principle)
than any other language I know, it is unfortunate that (in practice) it
is not that used ...

           Michele Simionato