NORTHWEST PYTHON SPRINT June 19-20, 2004 Bellevue, Washington, USA

Brian Dorsey brian at dorseys.org
Thu May 20 01:19:02 EDT 2004

SeaPIG (the Seattle Python Interest Group) is excited to announce the

                  NORTHWEST PYTHON SPRINT
                     June 19-20, 2004
                 Bellevue, Washington, USA

The cost is free thanks to our host Construx Software.  There will be a
large, comfortable room seating 50+ people at tables, wireless and wired
Internet access, and a projector for demonstrations.  We're currently
looking for coaches to lead sprints, as well as a count of the number
who might attend.  The main day is Saturday (9am-5pm), but we've also
reserved the room for Sunday in case people want more time.  There will
also be a time Saturday morning for lightning talks and demonstrations
(both non-commercial and commercial).

What is a sprint?  A sprint is a group of people who gather for a day or
more to work on a common software project.  The members choose
individual tasks and usually work solo or in pairs in the same room,
then get together periodically to compare notes.  We'll follow the model
that has worked successfully at the past several Python conferences:
several groups working on different projects in the same room.  Past
sprints have done development work on the Python core, Twisted,
Docutils, Webware, Zope, Chandler, etc.  Most projects have a variety of
tasks that need to be done -- coding modules, designing test suites,
squashing bugs, writing user documentation and developer documentation,
brainstorming design strategies, planning promotional activities, etc --
so there's something for every skill level.  You'll need to bring a
laptop, or if you don't have one you can pair with somebody who does.

So far there's one sprint scheduled, on Twisted.  A few Twisted newbies
will be writing an application to get their heads around this
asynchronous beast.  (We could really use somebody with more expertise
around, hint, hint.)

If you'd like to coach a sprint, sign up to attend,  propose a lightning
talk or demonstration, or just get more information, see our wiki page:

    http://seapig.org/NorthwestPythonSprint

or contact:

    Brian Dorsey <brian at dorseys.org>, 206-619-6975
    Mike Orr <mso at oz.net>, 206-240-4250

Construx is located at 11820 Northup Way #E200, Bellevue WA 98005.  It's
eight miles from downtown Seattle; twenty from Sea-Tac Airport.
Carpools and homestays are available if you contact us in advance.