How to close a process in win32

Neil Benn benn at cenix-bioscience.com
Tue May 25 03:30:25 EDT 2004

Hello,

            I'd make a call between the processes - you can have the
deamon listen on a port and the GUI app can then send a shutdown message
onto that port (there are obviously much fancier ways of doing this - I
just picked the most bread and butter one).  This will allow you to shut
down your deamon in an organised fashion - I don't know if the terminate
process functions calls the TerminateProcess function in the win32api
but it is not a recommended way of closing your process.

   If you wish more info on closing your app in win32 goto -
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/terminateprocess.asp).

Cheers,

Neil

--